Starting School 

Victorian Foundation Enrolment Process 2024

(For students starting school in 2025)

Please find below the links to Foundation enrolment process videos that we have developed, available in English, Hazaragi, Dari, Turkish, and Arabic, to assist Parents with new students starting school in 2025. 


Enrolment applications are due by 26th July and offers will be made between 29th July – 9th August.  To complete an online application for enrolment at CLPS, (in or out of zone) please use the link below:


Enrol Me ->


English Video


Hazaragi Translation (Voiceover)


Arabic Translation (Voiceover)


Dari Translation (Voiceover)


Turkish Translation (Voiceover)


Information Pack for Parents/Carers

DE Enrolment Placement Policy

Going to your local school

Most parents send their child to the public school closest to where they live.

The designated neighborhood school is measured by a straight line from your permanent address, if you live in:

  • metropolitan Melbourne

  • Ballarat

  • Bendigo

  • Geelong.


If you live in another area, it's measured by the shortest practical route by road and considers access issues.If your child lives at multiple addresses, their permanent address is where they spend most of their weekdays.Your child has a right to enrol in their designated neighbourhood school. This right is set out in the Education Reform Act 2006.A small number of schools have restricted zones to respond to local population growth.


Going to a non-local school

You have the choice to enrol your child at a school outside of your designated neighbourhood zone. The school may accept this enrolment as long as it has enough space.

Once the school is full, it cannot accept enrolments from outside its neighbourhood zone. This is outlined in the Department of Education’s Placement policy. Chalcot Lodge Primary School follows this policy to manage and accept enrolments.

Always use findmyschool.vic.gov.au to check school zones. We cannot endorse advice from real estate agents or other websites.


Chalcot Lodge Primary School Designated Placement Area